Route Changes Effective September 15, 2022:
As of September 15, 2022, Route 902: South Main will service the following stops:
- 100 Block S Main
- 206 S Main
- S Main & W Broad
These stops will not be serviced during road closures requiring deviations from the trolley’s regular route. This includes the TD Saturday Market road closures, which are in effect from May to October each Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The default Special Events route will include service at the following stops:
- River St & W Court St
- W Broad St & S Main St
Please reference the Route Deviations page for information regarding any deviations in effect.
The free downtown trolleys add to the excitement and enjoyment of Greenville's Main Street experience. The red and blue open-air trolleys offer a vintage look and feel complete with a cow catcher on the front and wooden bench seats inside. Trolleys are wheelchair accessible and are equipped with bicycle racks.
To ensure safety, passengers are restricted to board and exit the trolley at designated trolley stops.
Owned and operated by Greenlink, the downtown trolleys are the result of a public-private partnership between Greenlink, the City of Greenville, South Carolina and The Greenville Drive.
Downtown trolleys operate on a fixed-stop system, making a continuous loop along each route. To board the trolley along the routes, passengers must stand near one of the trolley stop signs.
Route 901: North Main Route Map (PDF) - The North Main Route operates Thursday & Friday from 6 - 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. This route operates year-round.
Route 902: South Main Route Map (PDF) - The South Main Route operates Thursday & Friday from 6 - 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; and Sunday from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. This route operates year-round.
Route 903: West Greenville Route Map (PDF) - The West Greenville Route operates Friday from 4 - 11 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. - 11 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The West Greenville route includes service to Unity Park, Heritage Green and the Village of West Greenville. This route operates seasonally from April to September.
Route 905: Game Day Map (PDF) - The Game Day Route operates from County Square to Fluor Field on Greenville Drive game dates. Service begins one hour before first pitch and ends when gates close. This route operates during the Greenville Drive baseball season only.
Route 906: Lunch Link Map (PDF) - The Lunch Link Route operates through the central business district on Fridays from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. This route operates year-round.
- Trolley drivers may only allow passengers on and off the trolley at designated stops.
- To alert the driver you are ready to disembark, pull the yellow cord that runs along the wall at seat level. Once you pull the cord, the driver will let you off at the next designated trolley stop.
- The maximum ride time is one complete loop of the trolley route. Passengers may not remain on board the trolley continuously.
- Trolleys are not available for private events.
- Drinks must have a secure lid, something that screws or snaps on and won’t fall off or create a spill if the drink is dropped on the floor of the trolley. Food may not be consumed while on board the trolley.
- No person shall bring or carry aboard a vehicle, or take into a station, any animal not housed in an enclosed animal carrier. The animal carrier must not exceed 19”x13”x9” in size, have ventilation on 2 or more sides, and be leak- and escape-proof. Animals must be able to stand up, turn around, and lie down in their carrier. Service animals are exempt from this policy.