Drivers are to adhere to the same standards of common courtesy and personal hygiene as those required of the riders.
- Treat riders with courtesy
- Be uniformed with a visible nametag
- Stay within the "line-of-sight" of their vehicle. Maintain the assigned service schedule for the convenience of all riders
- If requested, assist riders when entering and leaving the vehicle
Drivers are Not Permitted to:
- Accept tips or gratuities
- Carry riders or wheelchairs up or down steps
- Enter a rider's residence or other buildings
- Lift or carry riders
- Load or unload packages or groceries
- Perform any personal care assistance for riders, including but not limited to, assisting riders to dress
- Read carefully and understand all sections of the GAP Handbook (PDF).
- Make reservations at least 1 or more days in advance.
- Be ready at pickup location and be on time.
- Call to inquire if the vehicle has not arrived by the end of the 30-minute "window".
- Call to cancel unneeded rides as soon as possible; avoid "no-shows".
- Pay the correct fare in cash, checks, or tickets (drivers do not make change).
- Wear seat belts.
- Avoid distracting the driver or annoying other passengers with inappropriate behavior.
- Maintain wheelchair or other mobility device in a safe condition according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Expect "shared-ride" service; others may be picked up after or dropped off before you reach your destination.
- Maintain acceptable standards of hygiene.
- No eating, drinking or smoking on board.
- No riding while under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- No littering in the vehicle.
- No radio, cassette tape players, compact disc players, or other sound-generating equipment are to be played aboard the vehicle (headphones are permissible).